Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Satay celup or "lok lok"



Yesterday was a tiring day, but I managed to "move" myself to a nearby pasar malam. The first thing I will get in pasar malam is the Satay Celup.



Satay Celup or better known as "lok lok" among the local Chinese in KL is a type of "mobile steamboat". Peoples will pick their favourite seafood, vegetable or meat then put into hot boiling water. Although Satay Celup is famous in Malacca, but I don't think KL is so far behind. Just go and ask around, I believe everyone know what is Satay Celup or "lok lok".

On a sidenote, let see the description from wiki about Satay Celup.

Sate Celup or Satay Celup (Steamboat Satay) is a dish where an assortment of raw and semi-cooked seafood, meat (including rat meat) - wikipedia

What the hell? rat meat? I don't think we Malaysian eat rat meat. That why people alwats said don't trust everything on the Internet.

So, next time when you are in KL, make sure you get a taste of satay celup or 'lok lok' and i bet you won't forget it.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...